Friday, February 22, 2008

Tire Monitoring System

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 34 degrees, high 54 degrees, cloudy early, clear in the afternoon

With the way the weather started, we didn't think we would be doing much outside. However, it cleared up and got warmer after lunch to the point that I decided to see if I could get some things done in preparation for leaving here in the next few days if the weather holds.

I removed everything from the basement and vacuumed it out. There wasn't much to vacuum, but it makes me feel better knowing that the basement is clean. I went through our storage containers to see if there was anything I needed to get rid of, and only found one thing: a telephone cord that we don't have any use for. While I had the containers out, I put some items that we had been using away so we wouldn't have anything loose in the basement. During the work on the basement, I also dumped our holding tanks. After a rest to recover from all that hard work, I checked the water in the batteries on the RV and truck to make sure the water levels were okay. One of the battery terminals on the truck has some corrosion, so I will clean that up tomorrow. I also checked the air filter on the truck, and it was fine.

Oh, I almost forgot - before I did all that work above, I checked the air pressure in the tires and added air where needed. I was so busy, I didn't get to meditate. I need to slow down some.

I went through the tire montoring system to make sure everything was shipped that I needed. While reading the material, I noticed that I may have to change the valve stems on the RV tires because the valve stems may be the wrong ones. If I can find time in my busy schedule tomorrow, I'll see if I have a problem there or not. Below is a picture of the system, with a quarter to the side to give some idea of the size of the components.

While I was doing all this hard work, Carolyn went to the bank in Benbrook with Denise. When she got back, she finished caulking the bath tub.

If the weather remains good tomorrow, we'll do some more preparations on leaving. No rest for the weary.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Burkburnett, Texas: A Historical Past, A Promising Future

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: