Saturday, June 7, 2008

New Restaurant

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 96 degrees, mostly clear

The humidity here is like being in a sauna, and a person will sweat standing still in the shade. Feels great.

Remember I wrote yesterday about the problems with the fan blade for the kitchen exhaust fan? This morning, when the fan was turned on, the motor started making noises like it was trying to throw up. Since we didn't have a lot to do today, I decided to take the motor to the RV parts store to see if I could buy a replacement. They did have a replacement, so I bought it and installed it when I got home. The new motor is working fine, and is quieter. Maybe our problems with the exhaust fan are finished with this fix.

When we are in a new town, we try some of the restaurants that the local folks seem to like. Sometimes that works, and other times it is a complete bust. Tonight, we went to a local restaurant named The Front Porch. A couple of weeks ago, we had noticed that their lunch business was good, so we commented at the time that it must be a good place to eat. I had the tilapia special and Carolyn had her old standby, chicken fingers. Each of us had two sides with our meals. The tilapia was not bad, but I like catfish better. Carolyn's chicken was the better of the two meals. We will probably return to this restaurant, and I'll probably get the chicken.

As we were getting ready to go to supper, Carolyn told me that if I did not change my pants, she was not going anywhere. I asked her what was wrong with them. She said the right pants leg had a hole in the knee. Now, we're talking about a pair of pants that I have had about five years. They are just now getting soft and comfortable. And she says I can't wear them to supper? I told her Alan Jackson wears pants with holes in them. And I'll bet my legs look better than Alan's. She said Alan Jackson has a lot more money than I do, and he can wear whatever he wants. However, if I want her to go with me, I'll have to change my pants. Guess what? I changed my pants. I don't understand it. Just when a pair of pants is comfortable, I can't wear them. Sheesh!

Since we know that Terri will be selling her house (hopefully, sooner rather than later), I have been keeping an eye open for houses that might be suitable for her. We saw one today that appears to be in a good location, and have an appointment to see it tomorrow afternoon. We'll see how the viewing goes. We may or may not have a further interest.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Hartford, Connecticut: The Insurance Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: