Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Short Road Trip

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 68 degrees, high 98 degrees, clear early, mostly cloudy later in the afternoon with scattered showers

We left the RV early this morning, going over to Terri's so we could pick up Thomas and take him to Birmingham to meet with Lori and her family at the zoo. Traffic was fairly heavy, but was not anything that held us up. The worse traffic was in and around Mountain Brook and Hoover, but even that was manageable.

We arrived at the zoo about 0840, and Lori was already there. We visited a few minutes, said our good byes, and headed back to Coker. If everything goes well, we expect to be in Texas to take care of some business in Bay City and Glen Rose during the late September and early October time frame. I wish our daughters lived closer together. It makes it difficult to see them as often as we would like.

After getting back from Birmingham, we went out to the house and did some tweaking. I did some minor yard work and we packed a few things in the basement. The last thing I did was try to get the sprinkler system going one more time. I may have found the problem with the system, and it appears the power supply, or transformer, was bad. I picked up another one at Lowe's, and I'll see if that fixes the problem. If it does, great. If not, I'm done with it.

As we were going back to the RV, it clouded up and started sprinkling a little. We didn't get much rain out of it, but it helped cool things off a little. After dropping Carolyn off at the RV, I went down the road a short distance and got a much needed haircut. I'm not sure where all that gray hair came from that fell on the floor. At least I'll be a little cooler. Carolyn usually does my hair, but she asked me to go to the barber shop this time.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Birmingham, Alabama: More Magic Than Ever

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're gonna need that sprinkler system for that big'ol family garden in the compound.

Jerald said...

A garden sounds like too much work, even if we were going to stay there.

Jerald