Monday, October 20, 2008

Success With A Doctor

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 41 degrees, high 72 degrees, clear skies

The morning walk was so cool that I used my gloves for the first time this fall. Okay, I admit it; I'm getting soft. Or, is it called getting old? Whatever it is called, the gloves felt good for most of the walk. And I'll probably use them again tomorrow.

After getting home and eating breakfast, we didn't do much until about noon when we went over to Terri's apartment for a visit. From there, we went to Carolyn's appointment with a doctor (#5) about the nodules on her legs. Good news: the doctor knew what the problem was soon as she saw the nodules. She spouted off a long diagnosis that Carolyn had never heard before, but the doctor assured her that the nodules are not life threatening and will be fairly easy to treat. A biopsy was performed on the biggest nodule to ensure the best medicine is used. Carolyn has to go back in two weeks to have a single stitch removed where the biopsy was performed, but the doctor expects the problem to be cleared up before then. It's too bad it took so long to find someone who knew what the problem was.

I have been looking for a pair of walking shoes for several weeks because the ones I have been using have just about bit the dust. Even the old standby WalMart didn't have anything I wanted. Finally, I found a pair today at K-Mart that fits well and I think they'll do a good job. I'm not interested in the flashy ones. Just give me a simple pair of shoes at a good value and I'm happy.

After getting home from the doctor's office, I mowed and used the weed eater on the yard at the RV. Afterward, I went down to the propane distributor and filled an empty bottle. That gives us two full bottles, so we shouldn't run out in the middle of the night when it's cold.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Eustis, Florida: The City of Bright Tomorrows

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: