Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Diesel Fuel For $1.679 Per Gallon!

Marble Falls, Texas

Weather: low 50 degrees, high 78 degrees, clear skies, windy

We expect to move the RV to another location tomorrow. At this time, we are uncertain where that location will be. It may be that we pull out to the highway and flip a coin. We're not moving because we don't like the area or the park where we're parked now. To the contrary, we like everything we have seen about this area. The weather, people, scenery, even the cost of living are great. We just feel like it's time to find another place to set up and get to know the new area. We will definitely be back here in the future.

We returned to Burnet today to take another look at the court house, and I'm glad we did. The current court house was completed in 1937, and was built using the local pink granite. It is definitely not a pile of concrete. When the sun shines on the exterior, sparkles can be seen from the mica in the granite. It is very striking. The statue is of former county sheriff Wallace Riddell, who was the longest serving sheriff in Texas with more than 39 years of service.










Here's a picture of the inside of the court house. Note the design on the floor, and what appears to be either marble or granite on the walls.










On the north side of the court house grounds is located a memorial to the people who served our country in the military. I have never seen a memorial such as this, and it caught my attention. Numerous historical plaques and memorials are placed around the court house, remembering the history of the building and area.

On the way back to Marble Falls, we stopped at an RV dealership to see what they have available. In two words, not much. We only saw one that we would be even remotely interested in. One thing that turned me off was that the RV was built in March of 2008, and the salesperson was trying to tell that this was a 2009 model. That's a little hard for me to believe. An RV that's already a year old is a 2009 model? And the price she quoted does not reflect an RV that's a year old. She said she was willing to get the pencil out and see how much she could whittle off the price, but she should have done some of that already.


Since we plan to move tomorrow, we decided to fill up with diesel. Imagine our surprise to find diesel for $1.679 per gallon. The last time I saw diesel this low was in 2004.

When we arrived home, we washed our laundry and did a little cleaning and stowing in preparation for moving. Since we are moving more often now, getting ready to go doesn't take as long. Late in the evening, we noticed a commotion at the RV next door to us. It looked as though they were having problems getting a slide-out pulled back in. I walked over to see if I could help. It seems someone had stolen their battery. That's only the second time that I have heard of something being stolen in a park that we have been staying in.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Carthage, Texas: Gas Capital of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The content you have provided is pretty interesting and useful and I will surely take note of the point you have made in the blog.

A few days back I was browsing the Internet as I was worried about my car performance and wanted a product that could restore the MPG to what it was when I bought my car. I found this great site power enhancer which sells a variety of automotive products to boost vehicle performance. I found exactly what I was looking for and saw great results with their product. I was also very happy with the quick delivery of the product.

I thought this information might be useful for anyone looking to boost their vehicle performance and restore the lost power and MPG.