Tuesday, April 7, 2009

RV Park Closing

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 34 degrees, high 52 degrees, clear skies, windy

The start to the day was slow because we were tired from our travel of the last two days. Some kind of bug made me feel under the weather all day, preventing me from taking my normal morning walk. I don't get sick very often. When I feel bad enough to actually take a nap in the afternoon, that's a pretty good indication of how I feel. Even though I try to meditate every day after lunch, I usually don't sleep. Instead, I tend to tune everything out for a few minutes.

I managed to get out for a little while, going to the library in Tuscaloosa to check out some books. On the way home, I stopped at the WalMart Mall to pick up a few things we needed. The rest of the day was spent trying to get over whatever has grabbed me. I hope Carolyn doesn't catch it.

The place where we are staying is owned by some of the nicest people we have ever known. When we were looking for a place to stay while helping our daughter, they were nice enough to let us place our RV in their park. It was as though we were guided here by a higher power, because we would not have met these nice folks if we had not stayed here. Sometimes, however, it seems that people try to take advantage of their goodness. This morning, Ruth told me that they were closing the park on October 1 because it had become too much of a burden. We understand why they are closing the park, and can only say that we appreciate all the courtesies and help they gave us. Ruth, Marsha, and Chuck, rest assured that we will always consider you folks to be friends, and we will stop and see you when we're in the area.

Hopefully, I will feel better tomorrow and can get out and about.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - San Antonio, Texas: Alamo City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: