Sunday, September 13, 2009

No Washing Of The Truck

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 76 degrees, high 90 degrees, cloudy with showers in the morning, then clearing up to partly cloudy in the afternoon

Over the last few weeks, I have been washing the truck on the weekends in an attempt to help these folks down here with their drought. This last week, it appears the drought is over, at least for now. As a result, I didn't wash the truck. Let's see if the rain holds off a little, because the next problem we'll have will be a bumper crop of mosquitoes. I don't know what to do for those pesky little devils.

I was caught by the rain when I took my walk this morning, but was able to use the store overhangs in town to stay a little bit dry. By the time I got back home, the rain had cleared away, and the sun was shining brightly. Then it got muggy and hot. Yuck! Did I ever say how much I don't like the high humidity in the south and along the gulf coast? Give me 20% humidity any day.

After resting from my walk, I finished up the housekeeping that I didn't do yesterday. Plus I did a little ironing of my work clothes so I won't look like I slept in my clothes. This afternoon, I cleaned out the inside of the truck, including vacuuming the carpet, a wipe down of the seats and dash, and treating the leather seats. Now I really have to strap myself into the seat belt so I won't slide around on the seat.

The rest of the day was spent watching some golf, surfing the net, reading, and watching another movie I picked up at the library. One thing I didn't do was watch pro football. I guess everyone knows my feelings about that.

Tonight, I prepared a large salad for supper, along with a chunk of meat. We like salads, and since I have been here by myself, I haven't eaten as many as I normally do. Today's salad went a long way toward correcting that situation.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Dundee, Florida: Doorway To The Ridge

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: