Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Carolyn's Got A Doctor's Appointment

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 49 degrees, high 82 degrees, clear skies

I took things into my own hands with getting Carolyn a doctor’s appointment for her allergy problems. Her symptoms are not getting better, and since it appeared she wasn’t going to call the doctor for an appointment, I did it myself this morning. She has an appointment for tomorrow. Hopefully, he can help her get over this bout of allergies. I may be wrong, but I think Carolyn's relieved that I went ahead and made her an appointment.

There's not much to say about how the outage is going at work, other than it seems to be going well, with nothing unexpected so far. The true test of how well the outage will progress will occur next week when we start getting into the work that caused us so many problems last fall. With all the lessons learned that have been incorporated, we should be okay.

Several years ago, we spent about a week in an RV park outside Colorado Springs, Colorado, home of the US Air Force Academy. We enjoyed the July weather that reached highs of about 70 degrees, with lows in the 40s. Perfect! One of the sights that we enjoyed touring was The Garden of the Gods, located a short distance outside the city.



Although it can't be seen in these pictures, this is a popular area with the folks who live there.



One of the popular pastimes in the park is rock climbing. I think I'll pass on that. The little white speck in the shadow is a climber.



Now that I think about it a little, the area around Colorado Springs would be a good place to spend some time this summer. Who knows, maybe we'll go.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Canon City, Colorado: Climate Capital Of Colorado

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: