Thursday, April 29, 2010

This Job Is Finished

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 67 degrees, high 84 degrees, mostly clear skies

Today was my last day at work. The latest job lasted two months, and if Carolyn has her way, will be the last one. I’m inclined to feel the same way, but I remember getting excited in the past when I was offered other jobs. I guess time will tell if I can resist temptation when the next job calls.

Leaving work felt strange, as I said good-bye to friends and co-workers. I felt sad about saying goodbye to people I like and respect. At the same time, I was excited about doing something different and being on the road again. We enjoy going to new places and meeting new people, and seeing what’s around the next curve and over the next hill. The main thrill to us is not so much the destination, but the journey to get there.

When I arrived home, we had a late lunch. About the time we were finished eating, mediation called me. Today's session was longer than usual, probably because I was tired. It's amazing how good that little period of time helps invigorate me.

I didn't want to get involved with any chores today that would take much time, so I took care of several little tasks that needed to be done. One of our roof vent cranks was difficult to operate, so I used some WD-40 to lubricate it. Now it works like new.

Lori came over for supper, and we enjoyed another good visit. It makes us feel good that she wants to spend time with us when she can. Even better is when she talks about what a good childhood she had. I guess we did something right.

I'm going to stay up longer tonight as I try to adjust to not having to get up so early. If I can sleep until 0500 hours in the morning, I'll be happy. I'm hopeful that by the end of next week, I'll be waking up no earlier than 0600 hours.

We will stay here through the weekend as we make preparations for travel again. That gives us time to do the chores that I've put off for the last two months.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Annetta, Texas: The Friendly City

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Congradulations on a job well, done, Now take some time off and enjoy your travels, Maybe you should listen to your wife, life is short. Bw safe out there. Sam & Donna.

Jerald said...

Sometimes we don't listen to the people we're close to as much as we should. I'm going to try.

Thanks for the comments.

Jerald