Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sore Back

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 36 degrees, high 73 degrees, heavy frost, breezy after the early morning, clear skies

There was a heavy frost this morning, making the fields and golf course white along my walking path. Even though it was cold, it warmed up quickly. The walking weather was nice.

Carolyn's back was worse today. She thought it was getting better yesterday evening and tried to be a little more active. That turned out to be a mistake, but I don't fault her for trying to do something. She says she didn't come back to Texas so she could sit in the RV all day. Of course, she doesn't have any choice right now. We're hopeful she will feel better soon.

I had some errands to run this morning after Carolyn was settled. I was looking for some business card paper, but the WalMart Mall didn't have the style we needed. Can you imagine that? They usually have everything we need. I went to the only office supply store in town, only to find that things have changed. The office supply store closed last year, and nothing has opened to take its place. The reason I was looking for the paper was so I could print some more business cards, showing our latest career. As in retired.

I was also looking for a new golf bag. My old one was about 15 years old and falling apart. I got rid of it back in the spring, and had not thought to get another one until we arrived here. Again, the WalMart Mall didn't have any golf bags. What is going on? As a fallback, I went to the Salvation Army thrift store to see if they had any used bags, but they didn't. I haven't thought of another fallback, other than going to another town to find a bag.

I picked Zoe up at school and gave her a ride home so Lori wouldn't have to leave her school, pick up Zoe and take her home, then have to go back to school. I hope this little favor helps Lori out. Besides that, I get to spend some time with Zoe.

Later in the day, I was talking to Bob Skinner. He and his wife Nancy are our neighbors in the RV park. They used to live here, and moved away several years ago. They are RVers, and have built a home base similar to what we have been thinking about doing. Bob showed us some pictures of his place, and it is clear that they put a lot of thought into what they wanted when they needed a place to get off the road to rest and call home. Nice place. Tonight, we were invited to stop by and spend the night anytime we're in the area of Blooming Grove, Texas. They have two extra full hookups at their place, and we just may take them up on the offer some time down the road.

It's time for me to help Carolyn some. Hopefully, she will feel better tomorrow.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Sealy, Texas: A History Of Excellence, A Future Of Progress

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: