Monday, March 30, 2009

Air Card Amplifier Didn't Arrive - Slow Internet

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 56 degrees, high 75 degrees, cloudy skies, windy

Carolyn's back woes seem to be getting a little better. We made sure she didn't do anything again today in order to give her back every opportunity to get over this latest episode of pain and stiffness. That's not to say I didn't do anything. I had a long list of chores I needed to do, and they took a good part of the day.

My first thing to do was take care of breakfast, and Carolyn said I did good. Then, I went to the Driver's License office to renew my driver's license for another four years. I went by the post office and mailed the application for registration renewal on the truck. This year, we get new plates, rather than just a sticker to go on the windshield. Now I have to learn a new tag number.

When I got home, I called several doctors who had sent us bills for services that our insurance had already taken care of. Of course, we expect to pay a certain amount for our medical care, but I usually have questions when we receive statements. We cleared everything up, and I paid what we owed.

The next chore was to try to get the basement arranged to my satisfaction one more time. Everything was pulled out, and a couple of different schemes were tried, with one of them being used. At least for the time. I'm not sure why this basement packing seems so hard in the new RV for me. Maybe there's too much room. I could get a bunch of empty containers and put them in there to fill it up.

I went through ten years of old income tax records that our CPA gave me when I saw him last week. He recommended we go through them and only keep what was important from an investment records standpoint. According to the CPA, the IRS only goes back 6-7 years, and the records we reviewed today were dated in the 1990s. After our review, we had taken out several items that we will keep. The rest of the stuff will be shredded. Oh, by the way, I spoke to the IRS about records retention, and they said the same thing as the CPA. Since we are conservative, we will keep at least 12 years of income tax returns.

The air card amplifier did not come today. I'm hopeful it'll be here tomorrow. This slow Internet connection is aggravating. It seems worse than dial up. Supposedly, the amplifier will give us an improved signal. I hope so.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Montgomery, Alabama: The Capital City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: