Monday, March 9, 2009

Preparations

Georgetown, Texas

Weather: low 66 degrees, high 80 degrees, cloudy skies, windy

This morning, we received a call from Carol, my cousin Kenny's wife. She told us about the arrangements for his funeral, which will be held on Wednesday. I got on the Internet and made reservations to leave Austin Tuesday morning, returning late Wednesday evening.

We were supposed to leave the Army COE park we're in on Wednesday. I talked to the camp host and explained the situation about having to go to South Carolina. He told me not to worry about our current departure date. The park understands that circumstances occur which are not under our control. When I get back, we'll figure out when we need to leave.

Next on the list of things to do was to notify the RV dealership that we will not be able to pick up the new RV on Wednesday. Looks like that will be pushed back to Thursday or Friday.

The rest of the day was spent getting little things done that we need to do to swap out the RVs. We're about as ready for that as we can get. And we are looking forward to it so we can get on with our adventures. More drifting down the road.

The next couple of days, I'll have a computer with me in South Carolina. I'll do as good a job with the blog as I can, but don't be surprised if the content is a little lacking, considering the situation.

Oh, by the way - Carolyn is staying at home. She would like to go with me, but she has been advised by her doctors to not fly because of her vertigo.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Irmo, South Carolina: Home Of The Okra Strut

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: