Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Doing A Little Better

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 72 degrees, high 93 degrees, mostly clear skies

My breathing problems were a little better last night, as the new medicine I started yesterday seems to be doing some good. The real test will be tonight as I get more of the medicine in me. If I can sleep better, then maybe the followup doctor's visit tomorrow will be something to keep building on. XXXXXX! That's fingers crossed!

We visited Carolyn's mother today, and she continues to look good for her age. Her attitude toward life in general is outstanding. She's doing great for 86 years old.

We had a little excitement in the RV park this afternoon. As I was taking some garbage out, three sheriff's deputy cars came blowing in and went down the street to an older RV. I'm not sure what was going on, but two hours later, one of the cars was still there. As is common in most neighborhoods, when the police showed up, people came out to see what was going on. I don't think anyone found out what was happening, but we have one old guy here who claims to know everything that happens in the park. I'll ask him tomorrow.

We were watching a program on television about the number of Burmese pythons that are in the Everglades, and how fast the population is growing. Just for the record, I'm not a snake lover, and when I see how big those pythons can get, I like them even less. I've been known to jump three feet in the air when someone says "Snake!".

The television program stated that a number of people have been granted permits to hunt the pythons. It would seem to me that as fast as the snakes can multiply, an open season should be declared on them. The balance of nature in the Everglades is fragile to start with. The ecosystem doesn't need another predator as efficient as these snakes are. If one is seen, remove it. If that means trapping, fine. But, if it also means killing them, so be it. Florida is about to be overrun with these exotic animals that are not native to the state. Poisonous frogs, iguanas, birds, fish (the walking catfish comes to mind), just to name a few. What's next?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Carson City, Nevada: State Capital Of Nevada

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: