Saturday, September 25, 2010

More Nostalgia

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 90 degrees, partly to mostly cloudy skies, light showers, high humidity

We thought that Carolyn would have recovered from her bout with vertigo yesterday, but it was not to be. We have been having showers and high humidity, which seems to make her symptoms worse, so she has been staying inside where it's cooler. Maybe she'll be feeling better tomorrow.

Carolyn did feel good enough to assign me some house work to do, like dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning the air conditioner return air filter. It's funny, but I can remember when shoe would not dream of me even helping with that kind of chore. Since I'm around more now instead of working all the time, I guess she has changed her mind. That's fine with me, since I live here, too, and I don't mind helping.

The majority of the afternoon and evening was spent watching college football. In case you haven't realized it yet, I am a college football fan. I got over watching the over paid prima donnas that pass for pro football several years ago. I just hope that the college game doesn't go the same way. Florida didn't play until tonight, and seemed to be getting their offense going. They better hope so, because they play Alabama next week. That game does not feel good to me. But, the Gators won this week, so maybe they can pull something out of their bag next week.

Here's another trip down memory lane. The picture below is of the Ocala National Bank, built in 1911. It is located on the corner of Silver Springs Boulevard and Main Street in downtown Ocala. The buildings on the street to the left of the bank building housed J C Penney and Sears and Roebuck, plus a men's wear store. When was the Roebuck part of the Sears and Roebuck Company removed from the name? I have no idea. Anyway, the bank was a fixture in downtown Ocala for many years. The building is now used by the Insomniac Theatre Company.



I guess the readers can tell I get a little nostalgic when I see these reminders of what Ocala used to be like.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Tuscaloosa, Alabama: The Druid City

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be rooting for the Gators next week to hopefully beat Bama. They can do it, as Arkansas almost beat them and Florida should be a better, more balanced team.

War Eagle

Jerald said...

How 'bout those War Eagles? They're l0oking good!

Jerald