Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Leaks Stopped

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 50 degrees, high 69 degrees, cloudy until about noon, then clear skies

We allowed the toilet repairs from yesterday to mature overnight. After breakfast this morning, I checked to see if the repairs had held, and found that we had no leaks inside the house. The next check was under the house. I crawled under the house and had Carolyn flush the toilet several times. Again, no sign of a leak.

But..... As I was cleaning up everything and putting the tools away, Carolyn brought my attention to a verrrrrry slow leak for the hot water side of the guest bathroom lavatory faucet. Since I was already in the repair mode, I took the faucet apart to see what I needed for repairs. Then, it was off to town to find the parts.

My first stop was at Lowe's, but 30 minutes of checking what they had was unproductive. The next stop was at a local plumbing supply store, where they had what I needed. The parts seemed a little pricey for no more than what it took to do the repairs, but at least there is no linger a verrrrrry slow leak on that faucet.

After lunch, I rested for a short time, almost falling asleep. Rousing myself up, I got the new hedge clippers and extension cord, and started trimming some long neglected shrubs in front of the house. I asked Carolyn to look at the trim job as I went so I could get another set of eyes on what the job looked like. With her help, I got all of the shrubs but three finished. I'll finish those tomorrow, plus clean up my mess. And, I'll probably do some pruning on a couple of trees in the front yard.
And, see if I can talk Carolyn into giving my hair a little trim. As thin as my hair is getting, it doesn't take much to trim it now.

Tonight, a local restaurant was having a seafood special for senior citizens - meaning old folks - that was a good enough deal that we went to it for supper. For the money, it wasn't bad. Plus Carolyn didn't have to cook, and I didn't have to was the dishes. Winners all around.

This house stuff is getting too much like work. We need to take a trip.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Clemson, South Carolina: Biggest Little Town In South Carolina

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: