Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No Taste

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 49 degrees, cloudy skies, breezy

It was surprisingly cool this morning, especially after the warmer days of the past week. A jacket felt good outside, and it was even warmer in the bed under the blankets. Of course, all that will end soon enough as we get farther in to the year. How long will it be before we're ready for cooler weather again? July?

We spent a leisurely morning, visiting with Lori and the grandkids. After lunch, they drove over to Huntsville to visit John's mother, who lost her husband several months ago. Mary is still living alone, but that situation is probably going to change. The house is too much for her to take care of, and most of the time, there is no one here to help her. And, her children worry about her being by herself, so there is some pressure to find a different place to live, such as a retirement home.

When Lori and the grandkids left for Huntsville, I was so tired that I laid down again. For the second day in a row, I was able to take a nap. I can't remember the last time that happened. I think my lack of sleep at night has finally caught up with me, especially since some of my symptoms have abated, thanks to the little tweak in my medicine a couple of weeks ago.

One of the side effects of what is wrong with me is little or no appetite. I remember what food is supposed to taste like, but when I try to eat, it's nothing like what I remember. The closest the food comes to tasting right is when I have eggs, grits, and sausage in the morning. Breakfast has become my primary meal of the day. The rest of the day, I try to find food that tastes good. It ain't working. Can you imagine eating, and everything tastes like medicine?

I was thinking about what I could try for supper, and decided to go pick us up a hamburger with all the trimmings. The first two bites were great, and then the medicine taste took over. Disappointing!!

I still have every confidence that the doctors will figure out what my problem is, and I'll be back to my old self in no time. In the meantime, this sucks!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - North Las Vegas, Nevada: Living Is Good At The Top Of The Valley

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: