Saturday, May 2, 2009

Aching Feet And Legs

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 84 degrees, mostly cloudy skies

We were still tired this morning after yesterday's marathon, which meant we slept a little later. A little later to us means we were up by 0600 hours. Since I was tired, I didn't get out for my morning walk until almost 0900 hours.

I have two pairs of sneakers I wear for different uses. One pair is used for everyday use, such as working around the RV or out in the yard. The other pair is used mostly for my morning walks because they are more comfortable than the others. When I was getting ready for my walk this morning, I just put a pair of shoes on without paying attention to what I was doing. When I started my walk, I felt like something was not quite right. After about a half mile, I realized that I had put the wrong shoes on. My normal walking shoes are better quality with better support. By the time I finished my walk today, my feet and legs were yelling at me. Here it is late in the evening as I write this, and my feet and legs are still protesting the treatment I put them through.

I mentioned in yesterday's post that we probably wouldn't do much today, and we didn't. We watched some TV, did some reading, and worked on the computer. Tonight, Carolyn is fretting about the unsettled weather north of us 75 to 125 miles away. There have been tornado warnings and watches all afternoon up there. Luckily for us, everything is either moving away from us or dissipating. Why is it that the bad weather here seems to occur mostly at night?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Oakman, Alabama: A Proud Past And A Promising Future

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: