Sunday, May 3, 2009

Flowers And Tow Boats

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 68 degrees, high 75 degrees, mostly cloudy skies, scattered showers

I knew I shouldn't have cleaned up the truck this past week. Rain, thunder, lightning, tornado watches and warnings, and more have been the normal course of the weather since that day, and there was more of the same today. For Carolyn's peace of mind, I guess I'll have to let the truck stay dirty from now on. I hope everyone knows I'm saying this with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Although, now that the truck is dirty, the weather has cleared up. Hmmmm? What's with that?


When I went for my walk this morning, I took some pictures of flowers and other things I see everyday. The picture above is of yellow honeysuckle. This next one is of primroses I found in a grassy area next to a ditch.











The two pictures below are flowers that I can't identify.

















The Black Warrior River is important to the economy of the area because of the freight that is moved on the river using barges and tow boats. Here's a picture of two typical tow boats used in this area.



In the afternoon, we took a ride to Sam's Club to pick up a few things we needed. Actually, I planned the trip for when the worse weather would be passing through the Coker area, so Carolyn would feel safer. Looks like my plan worked. One thing we picked up was a baked chicken for supper. Sam's chicken is umm, umm, good. I timed it to where I got a chicken coming right out of the oven.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Pasadena, Texas: Pasa get-down dena

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

hipgirl said...

I was just randomly looking at blogs and i came across yours (the flower pictures)...the purple flower is all too common for me in my garden. It is actually a nuisance weed that is called Purple Vetch. It grows like crazy and will strangle all the plants in your gardens if you don't get it right away.

Jerald said...

Thanks for the information. Our current location has a lot of this weed. Isn't it amazing how some of the prettiest flowers mask some of the worse pests?

Jerald