Saturday, December 12, 2009

Azle, Texas

Benbrook, Texas

Weather: low 41 degrees, high 47 degrees, cloudy, foggy, misty

Since we've been away from Bay City, I seem to have straightened out my sleep habits. Not so long ago, I was waking up well before 0500 hours. That was probably due to having to get up so early to go to work. Now, I don't seem to have any problem staying in the bed until well after 0600 hours, and sometimes until after 0700 hours. The cold weather may have something to do with sleeping better. Whatever it is, I'm glad my sleep habits have improved. I wonder if the trains in Bay City will mess me up again?

The weather was a little warmer, and that encouraged me to do a little work in the basement. I pulled everything out, placed it on our picnic table (which has a cover), and went through each box. This time, I asked Carolyn to lend her help in an effort to streamline the packing and placement of everything back into the basement. We were able to get rid of two boxes, and we think that the way everything is packed now will make it easier to find something when we need it.

Another little chore I did was to vacuum out the truck, which has been needed for awhile. I put this off longer than I like because it was so cold. If it warms up enough, I need to wash the truck and RV.

After all the work was finished, we took a little ride for more exploring. This time, we drove over to Azle, a town north of Weatherford and west of Fort Worth. Azle is not that far from Fort Worth, so it has become a bedroom community for Fort Worth. We didn't really see that much of the town, staying on the main streets. It's growing, but not to the extent that Weatherford is. To us, the primary reason for going there was the beautiful hill country on the way.

Tonight, we watched a show on television, March of the Penguins. Wow, what a hard life these penguins have when they mate and hatch out their chicks as they strive to carry on their species.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Azle, Texas: Community & Opportunity

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: