Monday, December 28, 2009

A Glorious Day

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 35 degrees, high 55 degrees, clear skies, breezy

We woke to a chilly but beautiful morning. The sun was shining, and it felt so good to be out in this beautiful day when I took my morning walk. I had to bundle up to stay warm, but that was a small price to pay for such a glorious day.

Since it was such a nice day, we decided to get our laundry washed before the rain comes back tomorrow. In addition to the laundry, I had to go get a bottle of propane ($2.12 per gallon) and fill up the truck with diesel. The last thing I did before going home was to stop at the library to return some books and check out more.

Lori and Terri took their families to the movies to see Sherlock Holmes. They all agreed it was a good movie. I was asked if I wanted to go, but declined so I could get in some meditation. Carolyn hasn't been to a movie theatre in about ten years, and has no desire to go. She would rather watch a movie at home, and I'm getting the same way. Especially when the theatres are full of people who act as though they are at home. People talking, kids running up and down the aisles, sticky seats and floor, and cell phones going off. Not for me.

Carolyn said she was tired of cooking and eating at home, and wanted a change. So, we had supper at the China Garden Chinese Restaurant. The food was good, and everyone had a good time. There was a real variety of food ordered, ranging from hot and sour soup to vegetarian dishes to General Tso's chicken to shrimp..... Plenty to eat and still more to take home that we couldn't eat. Looks like a leftover smorgasbord tomorrow night.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Grants Pass, Oregon: It’s The Climate

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: