Saturday, January 26, 2008

Foggy and Warmer

Glen Rose, Texas
Weather: low 34 degrees, high 60 degrees, foggy early with visibility less than 300 feet, partly cloudy after 1100 hours.

As noted, the weather has warmed up, and it is none too soon for me. We noticed more people outside as a result.

Carolyn went to Benbrook with Denise for Denise to take care of some banking. On the way back, they went to El Chico's for lunch. The chain restaurants are not my idea of a good place to eat, especially for Mexican food. However, I do take Carolyn occasionally. I would much rather go a local restaurant. We have had many instances where the chain restaurants have disappointed us with the quality of the food or service, or both.

As I mentioned yesterday, Carolyn was given exercises for her vertigo to perform at home. I helped her by acting as the drill instructor, ensuring that she performed the exercises properly so she gets the most benefit out of them.

Since we have been in this area, we have visited several of the local landmarks. One of the things I like to do is check out the quirky things that an area has to offer. This area has several things that I want to share on the blog once I learn how to post pictures. The pictures will help explain what I am relating, such as the gravestone for Jesse James, who is reputed to be buried in the Granbury City Cemetery. More on this as I learn more about this new method of communciating. In the meantime, we plan to get out into the warm weather tomorrow.

Be safe.

Today's Town - El Campo, Texas: Pearl of the Prairie

No comments: