Sunday, February 28, 2010

Getting Ready For Work

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 40 degrees, high 60 degrees, mostly clear skies, breezy

The picture below is of the bridge leading from Astoria, Oregon across the Columbia River to Washington state. Many people are bothered by bridges that rise that high in the air, and this one is way up there. Ocean going ships pass beneath the bridge. I don't know how long the bridge is, but it's an impressive sight to see when up in the air on the bridge.



Since today was my last day before reporting to work tomorrow, I took life easy this morning. That's not to say I didn't do anything all day. Just that I did nothing this morning. We met Lori and her family at K-2 for lunch, and had a great time catching up with what's been going on. The biggest thing is that Julian only has three months to go before he graduates high school. Where did the time go?

When we returned home after lunch, I had several things I wanted to do, but meditation called first. Once the meditation was finished, I returned to the job I quit yesterday, which was putting two pieces of sewer hose together so we could have enough to reach from the RV to the sewer hookup. After about a half hour of struggling and fussing, I finally managed to get the coupler to fit inside the hose and finished the sewer connection. I'm glad that's done!

Normally, we don't watch ice hockey, but decided to watch the USA and Canada play in the Olympics gold medal game. It was an exciting game that was decided in overtime as Canada won, 3 to 2. When the game was finished, I removed our tire pressure monitors from the RV, since we'll be sitting here for several weeks. That should extend the life of the batteries in the monitors. Then, I removed the fifth wheel hitch from the truck and stored it in the basement. I don't see any need to leave the hitch on the truck exposed to the elements when we can store it. While we have it removed, we'll remove any rust and paint it so it will be looking new when we leave here.

The grind starts tomorrow, but it won't be forever. In a couple of months we'll be ready to hit the road again. New roads, new curves, new hills. We can't wait.

More later, be safe

Today's Town - Astoria, Oregon: The Spirit Of The Columbia

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: