Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ho Hum Day

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 32 degrees, high 64 degrees, clear skies - very nice day

Today was another of those ho-hum days, with little going on except for a few small chores in town and a little work around the RV. It seems like everytime I go to Granbury the traffic is worse. While in town, I noticed that the price of gas and diesel has increased since the weekend. I don't know what alleged crisis is out there now driving the price up. If the doomsday news that the newspeople like to put out doesn't convince people that we are in a recession, the price of fuel will push us into one.

We caulked around the bath tub between the backsplash and tub. We were surprised that the caulking lasted as long as it did, considering how much everything flexes in an RV when traveling. Just another of the little things we have to do occasionally. Of course, you have to do maintenance in a house, also.

Another little chore I did today was to check out the running lights on the RV. All the lights are working at this time. I didn't want to wait until the day we leave to find out if we had a problem with the lights.

Yesterday, I ordered a system that will allow us to monitor our tires while traveling. We are hoping this will allow us to avoid the types of tire failures that we have had in the past. As we use it, I will pass on our experience with the system.

Like I said at the beginning, just another ho-hum day.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Cuero, Texas: Wildflower Capital of Texas








No comments: