Monday, February 4, 2008

Slow Day

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 69 degrees, high 82 degrees, mostly cloudy

We were going to clean the carpet in the RV today, but the weather looked too much like rain. We did go ahead and wash the rugs and a load of colored clothes. I also took care of dumping our holding tanks. Someday, I'll tell you about an adventure I had while dumping the tanks about six months ago.

Carolyn was not quite up to par today with her vertigo problems. She felt off just a little, which tended to make her want to stay off her feet. Hopefully, she will feel better tomorrow. Even though we are optimistic about the way her therapy for the vertigo is progressing, we also know that she will experience bad days. Our hope is that the bad days become fewer and fewer.

The Super Bowl was yesterday, and I did not watch any of it. I think it is overhyped and played by a bunch of spoiled, overpaid prima donnas. I'm not sure when I started feeling this way, but I haven't watched the game for several years. Thinking about it a little more, I have gotten to where I don't even like watching pro football.

I have been looking at the different possibilities for going to Alaska in the event we are able to this year. Most people seem to drive all the way up and back, some fly up, rent a car or RV, and then fly back. Others take a cruise ship and sightsee from the ship along the coast. And then there are those that take their RV up on the Alaska Ferry, get off in Alaska, do their sightseeing, then drive home. Or, they might drive up and take the ferry back to Washington State. There are so many combinations of things that we can do. However, the most important thing I have to do at this time is help Carolyn recover from her vertigo issues so we can do whatever we want.

We didn't have much going on today. Maybe we'll have something more interesting tomorrow.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Fort Worth, Texas: Cow Town

No comments: