Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Where Would You Like To Go, Dear

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 30 degrees, high 54 degrees, clear skies, mild winds

Today was one of those that we have where not much was going on. The weather was nice, everything was done that needed to be done, and we just piddled around. I wiped the truck down to get the dust off of it, Carolyn worked on her crafts and her exercises for the vertigo, we did some reading, watched a movie, I took a long walk,,,,,,,,,

We talked a little today about taking a road trip north of the Fort Worth area. We have never been there before, and we always like to see new country. Could go as early as tomorrow, depending on what comes up.

Tonight, Carolyn asked me what I would like to go with the chicken for dinner. I told her whatever she wanted was fine with me. That reminds me of an experience we had many years ago when our daughters were still little girls. Boy, they grew up fast.

Anyway, getting back on subject. We lived out in the country on five acres of land, with my brother Terrell and his wife Kathy living on five acres next door. We had a large garden that was very bountiful, producing more food than we could ever eat. However, I did my part to eat as much of it as possible, because I like fresh vegetables.

One afternoon, Carolyn said, "Hey, I have an idea. Why don't we go get a hamburger for dinner?"

Does hamburger sound familiar?

My reply was, "I would really rather have something at home."

Wrong answer. I should have said "Whatever you want to do, Dear."

She cooked a dinner that was a five piece masterpiece that was so bad. I couldn't say anything, except "This is so good." And I ate it.

I learned my lesson. Now, when Carolyn asks me if I would like to go out to eat, I just smile and say, "Where would you like to go, Dear?"

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Hope, Arkansas: A Slice of the Good Life

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you do venture out on your way again you really need to stop in Sedona, Az. but not in the middle of the summer. We might go back in April. Beautiful and peaceful. Kathy

Anonymous said...

Dad,

Watch what you say about Mom's cooking. She might put Nair in your shampoo.

-Lori :)