Friday, February 8, 2008

Global Warming Versus Global Cooling

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 38 degrees, high 74 degrees, windy, clear skies

Today was a quiet day for us. I did manage to start wiping the winter dirt off the outside of the RV. The way I do it uses very little water. Since I keep the walls waxed, it is easy to wet a rag and wipe the dirt off.

I was so busy doing nothing I did not have time to take pictures of our pets. I promise, I'll get around to it. And while I'm at it, I'll take pictures of Carolyn's plants.

I'm sure everyone heard about the tornadoes that ripped across the south this week and killed more than 50 people. That was a terrible loss of life and property. Did anyone see the comment that John Kerry made that the tornadoes were caused by global warming? It must be a heck of a talent to be able figure out what Mother Nature is doing and why, and to be able to say it with certainty. No wonder he is a US Senator. The rest of us don't have a private line to Mother Nature.

I saw where Canadian researchers are saying that the small amount of sun spot activity in the current 11 year sun spot cycle could lead to global cooling. I wish the doom sayers on both side of the global warming versus global cooling controversy would get together and come up with a consensus on this stuff. Of course, that would be too much to ask, with both sides getting money to research and bolster their positions.

Carolyn fixed a great potato soup for dinner. Along with ham and pepperjack tortilla rollups, it was very tasty and filling.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Burnet, Texas: Bluebonnet Capital of Texas

No comments: