Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back To The Streets Of Birmingham

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 86 degrees, cloudy, rain showers late in the afternoon and into the night

We continued helping Terri today. I wish I could elaborate on what we have been doing in more detail, but there are privacy issues involved for Terri.

Carolyn has been staying with Thomas while Terri and I take care of her business. She and I spent until 1300 hours on the business, broke for lunch, and then I had to go back to Birmingham while she continued with the business in Tuscaloosa. After yesterday's trip to Birmingham, I was hopeful it would be awhile before I had to make that trip again. No such luck, and the trip wasn't any better. Rough roads, heavy traffic, stop lights galore. The only good thing is that I knew where I was going, so I didn't have to be on the watch for every step of the directions I had.

I returned to Tuscaloosa by 1700 hours and we continued Terri's business until 1840 hours. We get to start again tomorrow, which should be a little easier. At this time, it looks like this business will be finished in about another week.

Looking ahead and expecting it to be a little late when we finished today, I stopped on the way back from Birmingham and picked up a pizza for supper. Thank goodness for pre-planning.

The weather forecast shows rain for the rest of the week, with 4-5 inches total expected. A good thing about the rain is it is helping to keep the temperature down somewhat. Carolyn is keeping an eye on the weather tonight so we don't get caught unawares if severe weather comes up. Living in an RV, we stay informed about what the weather is doing. We don't want to get caught in severe weather in the RV, so we usually find shelter that is more substantial. In this campground, that would be the shower house. In addition to watching the TV for the weather updates, we use our weather radio. The radio is a great tool that we would be lost without. Speaking of weather radios, has anyone ever noticed how stilted the announcer giving the weather sounds?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Atlanta, Georgia: Hotlanta

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: