Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rest

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Weather: low 68 degrees, high 89 degrees, mostly clear skies

Over the years, my tastes in movies has changed. I can remember when I was younger, like still not an adult, and I loved to go to the Saturday matinee at the Ritz Theater in Ocala, Florida. For a quarter - that's right, $.25, I could get into the movie and buy popcorn and a Coke. There would be two movies, cartoons, a serial, the news, and previews. The movies were usually cowboy shoot 'em ups and comedies. It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

As I grew older, I still enjoyed going to the movies. It didn't matter what was playing, but I preferred the ones in color. Then I was married and had a family, so the trips to the movies became less frequent, but still occurred. In addition, the types of movies we saw changed because we had young ones we took with us. With the passing of time, I found that I didn't have as much time to go to the movies. In addition, cable TV came along with all the movies that they showed.

Now that I'm older, I find that I seldom go to a movie theater, preferring instead to stay at home and watch a video. Movie theaters seem to be so expensive anymore, and there are so many people who act as though they're sitting in their living rooms. Talking, cell phones ringing, continually getting up and moving around. Why pay for that when you can get it at home?

As I said, we prefer to watch a video at home. Last night, we watched a good one starring Tom Selleck. He is one of our favorite actors, and he did an excellent job in Night Passage, a movie based on a book written by Robert B. Parker. The character of Jesse Stone seems to fit Tom Selleck like a glove. If anyone is looking for a video to watch, we enjoyed this one.

We were looking forward to today, anticipating a day of rest, and we were not disappointed. We left home for a short time, and the rest of the time was spent reading, napping, watching TV, surfing the Internet, etc. I worked on trying to set up the satellite dish for a short time, but had no success. The trees are so thick on this camping site that I never received a signal. I tried every possible location, but didn't get a signal. Of course, it's like Carolyn said. We're going to be so busy the next week or so that we won't be watching much TV anyway. Maybe when things slow down a little, I 'll talk to campground management about moving to a site better suited for satellite reception.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Hot Springs, Arkansas: Hometown Of Bill Clinton

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: