Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rap Music

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 86 degrees, mostly cloudy skies

The rain that started late yesterday afternoon continued through the night. At least there was not any severe weather associated with this system. It still looks as though the rain will continue intermittently until the weekend.

We worked on Terri's business again today, and spent most of the day in Vestavia Hills, located a few miles south of downtown Birmingham. At least I didn't have to go into Birmingham, which made me feel good. The day started early and we didn't get back to the campground until almost 2200 hours. A long day for us, but a lot of good stuff was completed.

I don't know about anyone else, but some of this stuff that is passing for music these days grates on my ears. To give an example, I had to stop at a store on the way home tonight. A group of young people was playing some loud rap music, which is alleged to be an art form. I'm not sure I hear the art in it. Why does most of this music sound so angry? Why does it speak of law enforcement in such negative tones? Why are women so disrespected? Why is there so much violence in the music? A lot of people like this noise that passes for music, and many people have gotten rich from it. I don't get it.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Savannah, Georgia: Garden City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: