Monday, January 4, 2010

Brrrrr!

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 38 degrees, high 45 degrees, cloudy until noon, then clear skies, windy

Brrrrr! What a cold day! Especially when I took my morning walk. The wind was blowing about 15 mph, with the temperature about 40 degrees. It felt like my face was going to freeze.

Once I got home from my walk, I had to take some time to warm up. About the time I ws warm, I realized that the cold weather was probably going to require me to have to go buy a bottle of propane. I checked the regulator, and saw that one of the tanks was empty. So off to the propane distributor I went. When I arrived at the propane filling station, I had to get in line with several other RVers who were there for the same reason as me. Luckily, I didn't have to wait long, and got my tank filled for $2.12 per gallon. Both tanks are now full, and we're ready for the cold weather that is forecast for the next ten days. Well, almost ready, that is. Like I said the other day, we need to find a warmer place to spend the winter.

I had new tires put on the truck a few weeks ago, so today I decided to have the front end alignment checked so the front tires don't wear unevenly. The shop I stopped at is booked up until Thursday, and I was given an appointment for that morning. While I was talking to the owner of the shop, he mentioned that he has seen several instances of passenger cars being placed on light trucks. If the reader remembers, that happened to me. Luckily, I didn't have any bad consequences out of the episode, but it appears to happen more frequently than I thought. Just a thought I'm putting out to the readers so they can be aware that the tire stores don't always get it right.

We have always used public libraries for checking out books and videos, as well as for Internet access when needed. Over the last 18 months or so, it seems that the libraries are becoming even more popular as the recession has affected the economy. Could it be that the increased use of the libraries is an indication that people are going back to simpler and more economical ways? It certainly seems that way to me, as just about every one of them that I visit in our travels seems to be very busy.

Carolyn prepared lasagna with bread sticks and carrot cake for supper. Lori and her family were here for Terri and Thomas' last night before they go home tomorrow. It has been great having both our daughters and the grandkids here for the holidays. We've been talking about where we might meet next year for the holiday, with most of the conversation favoring San Antonio. The holidays are almost 12 months away, but if we keep planning and talking about them, maybe it will happen.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - San Antonio, Texas: Mission City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: