Sunday, January 10, 2010

Frozen Faucet - Again

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 25 degrees, high 45 degrees, clear skies

This was the second morning in a row that the water faucet was frozen, even though I had protected it by insulating it as well as I could. I waited until about 0800 hours, when I used a hair dryer to thaw it out and get the water running again. I'm ready for some warmer weather. I know that folks up north probably think the weather we're having is like a spring day, but it's cold to us!

We met Lori and her family for breakfast this morning at a new place for us. Las Fuentes Mexican Restaurant has been open for a couple of years, but for some reason we had never stopped there. After our experience at breakfast, we think we'll be trying them for supper. The restaurant is clean, bright, and colorfully decorated. It was full of local people while we were there. The food was good, there was plenty of it, and the prices were reasonable. What more could we ask for?

The big breakfast made us ready for some couch time, so after telling Lori we would see them in the evening, we went home. I went for a walk, which was the first one in several days because the weather has been so cold. When I got back from the walk, I dumped our holding tanks. Then I straightened the basement and put up the satellite dish in preparation for hitting the road tomorrow. In the meantime, Carolyn was doing her thing inside the RV to get ready to move. We'll finish up tomorrow, just before we leave.

This evening, we visited Lori and her family. we had a good discussion about what they were going to do for summer vacation. The Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Glacier National Park, San Francisco.... No, not all of them, but those were some of the places they kicked around in their discussion. It felt good to be able to tell them some of our impressions of many of the places they thought of.

Hmmmm, I wonder what we'll be doing this summer? It's never too soon to start planning. Wait a minute. Every time I plan something, it seems as though something comes up to change the plans. Maybe we'll just wing it.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Charleston, South Carolina: The Holy City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: