Saturday, January 9, 2010

Terrell And Kathy Have Left Bay City

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 21 degrees, high 38 degrees, clear skies

Last night was the coldest one so far in Bay City since we have been here for this visit. Even though I take precautions to keep our water lines from freezing, the faucet froze this morning. No problem, as I used a hair dryer to thaw it out. In a couple of minutes, we had water flowing again.

Speaking of cold weather, get ready for higher fruit and vegetable prices as the cold weather hits the crops in Florida. According to the forecast, the next four or five nights down there will be below freezing. The state has already been hit hard by the recession, and it looks like the weather is going to make the job situation even worse.

I called my brother Terrell this morning to see if he needed any help finishing up the packing and loading of their moving truck in preparation for their move to Tennessee. He said they were just doing a final walk through, and were about ready to leave. I wished him and Kathy luck, and told him we'll see them sometime in February. We'll miss them when we're in Bay City. They have lived here for the last 22 years or so, and it never entered our minds that they would be leaving Texas until they told us they were moving about a year ago. Have a great retirement, guys.

Terrell left some lumber that he offered to our son-in-law John. This afternoon, I moved the lumber to Lori and John's house. John has become adept at home repairs, and I'm sure the lumber I took him today will be put to good use.

When we left Lori's house, Julian loaned me District 9, a video he received for Christmas. We started watching it, but it quickly became apparent that Carolyn didn't like the movie or the premise behind it, which was about apartheid. I waited until she went to bed and finished watching it. The movie certainly wouldn't be classified as my favorite, or even one I liked, but the special effects were awesome. It gives me a new image now when I hear the word prawns.

More later, be safe.

Today's State - Arizona: The Copper State

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: