Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Found Cousin

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 29 degrees, high 44 degrees, clear skies

Terri and Thomas had to go back to Tuscaloosa, Alabama, today as the Christmas holidays ended. I took them up to Hobby Airport in Houston this morning to catch their flight home, which included a change of airplanes in Dallas/Fort Worth. As I said in an earlier post, we had the best of gifts for Christmas, having both our daughters and their families together. We're already making plans for next Christmas.

On my way home from Houston, I stopped at Academy Sports, looking for a new pair of walking shoes. In the last two weeks, I've noticed that my feet have been bothering me a little after a long walk. That's usually a sign to me that I need a new pair of shoes. I'm not the type of person who will spend $100 for a pair of shoes, choosing instead to buy a pair of medium priced shoes. Since I walk as much as I do, I tend to have to buy a couple pairs of shoes each year. It took longer than I wanted, but I found a pair that fit my criteria, including price, and I bought them. Now, I'll wear the new shoes when I'm not taking long walks until I get them broke in. Then the old shoes will be outta here.

The blog has created an unexpected bonus for me, as I received an e-mail this morning from my cousin Ronnie and his wife Judy that I haven't had any contact with for about 30 years. I replied to the e-mail, and I'm hopeful that we can work out the details to visit them in the summer. It's too cold to go to Virginia at this time. Ronnie is a couple of years younger than me, and when we were growing up in Florida, our two families were very close. It would be nice to see him again. Maybe there's a trip to Virginia coming up when it's warmer.

Now that the holidays are over, we have some winter cleaning to do inside and outside the RV. Carolyn doesn't know it, but the weather is going to have to get a little warmer before I do much on the outside. In the meantime, I'll help her with the inside.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Powell, Wyoming: Deeply Rooted, Branching Out, Growing Stronger

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: