Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 76 degrees, early morning cloudiness, partly cloudy the rest of the day

After my morning walk, we stayed at the RV waiting for word from Terri on a medical test she had performed this morning. About noontime, she called and said that everything was okay. Whew!

I had some minor chores to do at the RV that took a couple of hours. In the afternoon, I went to the WalMart Mall for a few groceries. After that, I went out to the house to make sure everything was okay. It's a good thing I went out there, because someone looked at it earlier in the day and did not lock up properly. At least we have people looking at the house, even if it hasn't sold. Maybe our new president will give someone the money to buy it. After all, a person should have anything he or she wants, right? And the government should give it to them if they don't have the money to buy it. I've got my eye on a nice beachfront lot in Panama Beach, Florida once the money starts being handed out.

Carolyn decided that she wanted ham, turnip greens, and potato salad for supper. In addition, we had one large sweet potato she baked that was also placed on the table. It was a very good supper, and we had leftovers to enjoy tomorrow.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm glad the election is just about finished. I wonder how many lies and half truths have been told in an attempt to get a job that takes years off your life. Most of the population blames you for the woes of the country, even though the other branches of government have more power. And we get to start all over tomorrow morning for the next election. Yuckkkk!

I think that what concerns me most about the election is that the power is going to be concentrated in the hands of one party. There is always abuse of power, but it will be even worse if one party gets a 60% majority.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Haines City, Florida: The Heart Of Florida

Not all who wander are lost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, we just finished a talk about ham, Thomas loves potato salad and I love greens, well all of it & ya'll didn't even call?! I'm so hurt! Especially after the trauma I went through that day (insert whiny sounds, sniffles, a few outbursts of tears, some whimpering).

Did I get any sympathy? Or at least enough for Mom to fix us some before you leave again? Please?

I'm sick of politicians too.