Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wild Hogs

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 58 degrees, high 67 degrees, cloudy skies, light sprinkles late in the afternoon

Tomorrow, Carolyn is planning to prepare a belated Thanksgiving meal for Lori and her family, and of course I'll get to enjoy it, also. That meant we needed to go to the grocery store to pick up what was needed. Carolyn's favorite grocery store in Bay City is HEB, a Texas chain. When she shops for groceries, she likes to take her time and make sure she doesn't overlook anything. Since she is doing the cooking, I went along and drove the cart, taking extra care to not say anything about needing to hurry up. We picked up almost everything on her list. Well, I should say we picked up everything on the list, but forgot to put everything on it. I guess I'll have to pick up a few things tomorrow.

After we got back to the RV, Lori and her family came over and visited. After a couple of hours, everyone started getting hungry, so we decided to go to the K-2 Restaurant for lunch. Saturday is the day that they have a special on their hamburger lunches, plus they also have a great nacho bar. We had a nice meal, and after it was over, Lori and her family went home to take care of some chores there. Carolyn and I returned to the RV because I had an important college football game to watch between Florida and Florida State. Florida continued their dominating style of play, defeating Florida State 45 to 15. That was also the fifth straight win for Florida over Florida State. Now it's on to Atlanta for Florida to play Alabama for the SEC championship and a bid to the national championship game. It should be a great game.

I forgot to mention an item from yesterday. While I was walking, a herd of 30 to 40 wild hogs ran across the road about 50 feet from me. That is the most wild hogs I have seen in one bunch before. The wild hogs in this area are considered to be pests, and there is an open year round season on them. These animals cause a lot of damage to property, and also cause harm to the smaller wildlife because they will kill other animals' young and destroy their nests. The picture below is representative of the type of hogs I saw.



More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Puyallup, Washington: Working To Be Your Community Of Choice

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: