Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fall Colors

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 43 degrees, high 77 degrees, clear skies

We spent part of the morning helping Terri take care of some personal business. After that, Carolyn asked me to take her to a fabric store to look for some material. She found the type and color of material she is looking for, but could not find the pattern she wants. So, we'll keep looking until she finds the one she wants.

After returning home, I took some pictures of the fall colors around the RV. Later on, when I went out to the house, I took more pictures that really jumped up and begged to be snapped. While out at the house, I also took a picture of several of the deer we see out there almost daily.



Here's some of the fall colors I took pictures of today.


























































The pictures do a poor job of capturing the beauty we are seeing. We have been coming to this area for about 15 years, and the colors this year are the best we have seen. Carolyn is loving it, and I'm liking it, too.

A last few thoughts on the election: We were not enamored with either candidate, and the one we finally voted for did not win. Our hope is that we will be pleasantly surprised at how the process has worked out. I have a feeling that the President-Elect will move toward the center of the political spectrum (at least I hope so) as he takes office. I wish him nothing but the best as all of us face the challenges of the future. By the time his presidency is completed, I would like to be able to say I was wrong about him, and he was a great president. And by the way, has anyone noticed that we saw history made?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Red Bay, Alabama: Tammy Wynette’s Hometown

Not all wander are lost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are great photos Dad. We should take that photography class together. Really, one of the only things I will miss about living out there is the beautiful scenery. Well, I'll miss surprise visits from quail families, deer families and of course all of my beautiful birds too. All of those pictures were taken around the house right?

I just know a family is out there about to stumble upon my/their dream home.

As far as Obama is concerned, you are right, we witnessed history. Why do you have to be right ALL THE TIME? Of course, Thomas & I will continue to pray for our leaders regardless of who they are.

Tammy Wynette is from Red Bay? Have you been there? I think it is famous for one particular restaurant. I've eaten there, it was fair to middlen.

I will take a picture of that tree I told you about this morning and email it to you. I am emailing picture of Thomas when he got his braces too. They are pretty funny.

Love you both more than you know even though you are TOO reasonable sometimes :-)