Wednesday, November 12, 2008

House Showing

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 58 degrees, high 70 degrees, mostly cloudy skies with sprinkles late in the day

I took my walk earlier than normal so I could get it done before the rain came through. Just as I left home, there were a few sprinkles, but none after that. The cooler mornings are much better for walking than when it was 100 degrees in the summer. It's also nice to not have the humidity to put up with. Have I said lately how much we like the fall season?

Another party looked at the house today, but we have not heard what the response was. It was not the greatest day for looking at houses, but at least there continues to be interest in it. When we least expect it, the house will sell. And that's fine with us. I went over and made sure everything was okay before the showing. Recently, we were having problems with armadillos digging in the flower beds and shrubs, but that has stopped since I spread some moth balls around. The problem now is that what appears to be a couple of small birds is roosting on the front porch. They leave evidence of their visit on the porch, directly in front of the door. Each time I see they have been there, I get some water and a broom and scrub it up. I don't think it would be appealing for a prospective buyer to see where birds have done their business on the porch.

We watched a movie today I picked up at the library last Friday. It was Departed, a movie by Martin Scorcese, and starring Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Leonard DiCaprio, and several other well known actors. The acting was great, as might be expected with a cast like that. Overall, I liked it, but Carolyn was turned off by the violence.

For the rest of the day, it was a little reading, Internet surfing, and stuff like that. Carolyn did some crafts, including working on learning how to knit. Just a slow day.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Lander, Wyoming: Where Rails End And Trails Begin

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: