Saturday, November 15, 2008

Getting Cold

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 44 degrees, high 52 degrees, cloudy skies, sprinkles, windy

The cold and windy weather made for a cold morning walk. Not to fear, I was dressed for it. Heavy coat, gloves, cap, and made up for what was not covered by walking like I had somewhere important to go. It's amazing how a hard walk can help warm you up when it's cold outside.

I took the laundry with me when I went for my walk, so after I was finished with the walk, I stopped at the laundromat and washed our clothes. Was the laundry busy? It was so busy that.... Anyway, it was busy. At one time, I counted 24 people doing their laundry. Luckily, I got there early enough that I didn't have to wait on washing machines or dryers. About half way through my time there, people had to start lining up to use the machines. I think we'll try to do laundry during the week from now on.

After returning home, I did some reading and helped Carolyn with some minor housekeeping. We got together a grocery list and I went to the WalMart Mall. It was amazing how busy the Mall was, but even more amazing was the fact that the store had apparently planned for the busy day. Every register was open except for three. I don't think I've ever seen that many registers open before, not even during the holidays. When I was ready to leave, I went directly to an open register. How often does that happen?

In the afternoon, I watched some college football (Florida flailed on South Carolina, 56-6). Carolyn worked on some genealogy searches on the Internet, then prepared homemade hamburgers for supper. As much as I like Back Yard Burgers, Carolyn's are the best.

The rest of the evening after supper was more reading, TV, surfing the Internet.... Just a normal evening when the weather is cold.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Cullman, Alabama: City Of Churches

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Bama beat Mississippi State 32-7, you forgot that.

Jerald said...

How could I have forgotten that? One more win for Bama to have a perfect regular season. That's quite an accomplishment.

Jerald