Friday, February 27, 2009

Lost Looking For The WalMart Mall

Georgetown, Texas

Weather: low 67 degrees, high 90 degrees, cloudy early, then clear skies, windy

90 degrees??? Already??? Is global warming finally kicking in? I don't think so, because we have seen these warmer temperatures this early in the year in Texas before. Besides, tonight the temperature is forecast to be in the 40s, and in the 60s tomorrow. More seasonable, and making Carolyn happy because she likes cold weather. Not that the 40s would be considered cold, but she'll take what she can get.

We looked over the invoices and spec sheets for the RVs we looked at yesterday. We're still pruning the list, looking at the features each offers. Tomorrow, we will go back to the dealers we visited yesterday and look again, now that we have more information.

We spent a good part of the day taking care of house keeping chores and minor repairs that we have to do from time to time. In the afternoon, I had to go to the WalMart Mall to pick up a few things, and what an adventure that was. According to the WalMart atlas we have, the local WalMart Mall is located at exit 261, which is not very far from our campground. I thought that a WalMart Mall shouldn't be that hard to find, so I didn't ask anyone how to get there. It's that manly thing. We don't need no stinking directions. Just get out of the way and let us get at it.

After wasting what seemed like an hour and burning half a tank of fuel (not really), common sense kicked in. I stopped at a Dairy Queen and asked a worker where the WalMart Mall was located. He gave me directions, including the fact that it was not marked and was located behind a Home Depot. Armed with the directions that had the secret code word included, I finally managed to find Wally World. Talk about hiding something. At least it was hidden from me. The parking lot was full. If the entrances were marked, they probably couldn't have handled all the business.

Tonight, I was outside for a little while, and noticed the moon and a bright star (which was it, Mars or Venus?) very close together. I took a picture, but my zoom was not strong enough to capture what I saw. In addition, there was a slight haze that affected the quality of the picture. Here's what I was able to capture.



More later, be safe.

Today's Town - West, Texas: Home Of Scott Podsednik Of The Chicago White Sox

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Took a picture of it too in San Antonio. It was beautiful.

Jerald said...

I have always tried to appreciate our surroundings. Since starting this RV lifestyle several years ago, I seem to be even more in tune with the beauty of the world and the sky.

Jerald