Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday, Lori

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 52 degrees, high 75 degrees, partly to mostly cloudy skies

About 2200 hours last night, we had a rain cloud pass over that dumped some heavy rain for a few minutes. The wind blew hard all night, and about 0300 hours this morning, we had another heavy shower pass through that lasted for about 30 minutes. It rained off and on after that until daylight. As I said yesterday, the area needs rain, and I guess I can put up with it. I like dry weather, but understand the rain is needed.

With the weather stuff going on last night, I was late getting up. Carolyn was already up and ribbed me about getting lazy. I think I have earned the right to sleep until 0730 hours after a lifetime of work and getting up before 0500 hours for many years. She may be right about me getting a little lazy.

While I was getting my daily walk finished, Carolyn put a couple of loads of laundry in the RV park washing machines. When I got back, we discussed what we would do for the day, and decided we would make a trip to Cleburne to visit the HEB grocery store later in the afternoon. Then it was time for lunch, which always seems to put us in the mood for meditation. I should say that I meditate, while Carolyn seems to usually take a nap. She says she's meditating, but I'm an expert on meditation, and she seems to be napping to me.

After meditating, we returned some library books to the Glen Rose Library, then drove over to Cleburne to the HEB grocery store. We became used to shopping at HEB when we lived in Bay City, and the one in Cleburne is the closest one in this area. We found several things we needed, then went to the WalMart Mall to pick up a few things we usually buy there. By the time we returned home, it was time for supper, which was fried chicken, asparagus, rice with oriental vegetables, and fresh french bread. Ummm, boy, it was good!!

Our youngest daughter Lori had a birthday today. We spoke to her on the telephone and wished her a happy birthday, and many more. We sent her a card last week, along with a present. When we get to Bay City sometime in the next few weeks, we'll take her and her family out to eat and celebrate. Happy Birthday, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Cleburne, Texas: Branded 1867, Re-established Daily

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: