Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 40 degrees, high 76 degrees, clear skies, winds to 20 mph

We needed a few things from the WalMart Mall, so I went there early before taking my daily walk. I prefer to shop early because the stores are usually not as busy as they are later in the day. While I was in Granbury, I also filled up the truck with diesel, which is still priced at $2.17 per gallon. I don't know how long the lower prices are going to last, but I'm liking this.

I went for my walk after getting back home. The interesting thing about today's walk was that a light jacket felt good early in the walk, but it was a little warm near the end. The weather here has been nice since the ice and sleet passed through last week. When I returned from the walk, I decided to see if I could drum up some rain for the area by cleaning up the outside of the truck. The five day forecast doesn't show any rain to speak of, but I have found a sure way to get rain is to clean the truck. We've got what is supposed to be a dry front passing through here tonight. Let's see if it stays dry.

Carolyn has another medical procedure scheduled for tomorrow. She has been prepping for the procedure all day. This particular procedure is not that bad, except for the preps, which takes the whole day before the procedure. I think she'll be glad when this is over.

I haven't been watching the Super Bowl, but have checked the score on the Internet. I don't have a favorite because I don't care that much for pro football. If any of the readers have a favorite, I hope your team won.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Grants, New Mexico: Uranium Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: