Thursday, February 5, 2009

Getting Rid Of Junk

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 36 degrees, high 72 degrees, clouds early, then clear skies, windy

Carolyn spent much of the day with her friend (and mine), Denise. They went to lunch at El Chico's, which is fine with me, since I prefer a more authentic Mexican restaurant. While they were gone, I went to the WalMart Mall to pick up a new sewer hose and water pressure regulator. Things seem to wear out and need to be replaced from time to time.

When I left the Mall, I went down the street to the RV dealer where we looked at some RVs last week. I looked at the two fifth wheels that we are most interested in again, but I'm not ready to say that one of those RVs will be the one we buy.

Back at the RV, I replaced the water pressure regulator. By the time that little chore was finished, I was ready for some meditation.

When Carolyn got home, I asked her to give me some help in going through and rearranging the stuff we have in our basement. It seems as though the amount of stuff in the basement keeps growing, for no good reason. Normally, I take care of everything outside the RV, and that includes the basement. Today, however, I felt like I needed another set of eyes to help me get a little more order in my area of responsibility. With Carolyn's help, we managed to get rid of some stuff we don't use any more, and consolidated what we are using. Now, we have room to stuff more junk in the basement. Not!!!

With the good news we received about Carolyn's shoulder yesterday, we have been talking about where we will go. Tentatively, we are looking at starting to meander to the Fredricksburg area. Now, the next thing is to decide when we'll leave here. That's still up in the air.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Alachua, Florida: The Good Life Community

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: