Friday, June 26, 2009

Back On Line

Tuscaloosa, Alabama – Deerlick Creek COE Park

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 95 degrees, clear skies

When my morning walk and breakfast were completed, I tried to connect to the Internet. We had a good signal, but were unable to connect. I took the computer and air card to the AT&T store to see if they could help, since that was the advice I received from the help line last night. I arrived at the store early, so decided to see if I could connect to the net while waiting for them to open. Guess what? No problem with connecting at all. I disconnected and tried connecting several more times with no problems. It was obvious that the problem is not with the air card or computer, so I returned home, rather than spend a lot of time explaining a problem that seemed to have gone away.

When I got back home, I tried connecting again. No luck, even though the signal seems adequate. Could it be that there is a problem with the cell tower?

If this issue continues, it makes it a little difficult to post the blog. I may have to drive into the edge of Tuscaloosa when I’m ready to post. A little inconvenient, perhaps, but at least I’ll be able to access the net.

Did anyone notice that the House of Representatives passed a climate control bill today? Are those idiots determined to bankrupt the country and put more people out of work? We want to protect the environment, but the way they're going about this using unproven science is idiocy. Hopefully, the Senate will bring some sense into the debate. If not, elections are about 16 months away. Of course, neither party is covering themselves with glory.

Regardless of how we may feel about the way Michael Jackson lived, the world lost a great musical talent yesterday. It's too bad the latter part of his life was filled with controversy.

More later, be safe.

Today’s Town – Elgin, Texas: Texas Main Street City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: