Monday, June 8, 2009

Nose To The Grindstone

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 91 degrees, partly cloudy skies

Carolyn spent most of the day visiting with her mother. She took her mother and her sister Teresa to lunch at Sonny's Bar-b-que in Silver Springs. They were very disappointed in the meal. The meat was tough, the beans could not be eaten, the french fires were not cooked properly, and the bread was tough. In other words, all of it was forgettable. Carolyn says she will not be going to that particular restaurant again because it was a waste of money.

While Carolyn was spending the day with her mother, I kept my nose to the grindstone. I washed the laundry and put it away, cleaned the bugs off the front of the RV so they will have a nice clean RV to hit when we leave on Wednesday, and finished a couple of other small chores. When I went back to pick up Carolyn, she was having a good time with her mother and three of her brothers remembering stories that occurred when they were growing up.

After I brought Carolyn home, she got busy doing some housework she wanted to get done. I went over to my brother Roger's house to visit with him and his wife Willa. They are having a cookout for us tomorrow, and three of my cousins with their spouses will also be there. It should be a good time, and we're looking forward to it.

At this time, our plans are to leave here on Wednesday headed north. We're about ready for a downtime day.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Micanopy, Florida: Florida’s Oldest Inland City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: