Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Tuscaloosa, Alabama - Deerlick Creek COE Park

Weather: low 75 degrees, high 96 degrees, mostly clear skies

Before we go any further in today's post, I would like to say Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there. My father passed away in 1992, and I miss him and think about him every day.

The drive out to Deerlick Creek COE Park goes through some beautiful areas of Tuscaloosa. Rolling countryside, wooded areas, lakes, a plush golf course, and nice neighborhoods. One of the lakes we pass is Lake Nicol, created as part of the water supply for the Tuscaloosa area. One thing that stands out to me, besides the beauty of the lake, is that there are not any houses on the lake.

This is the spillway for overflow water from Lake Nicol. It is the beginning of a nice little creek running through a picnic area.

I went through the stored items in the basement (one more time) today, and I may have gotten the storage right this time. It's amazing how I can have all this room, and can't seem to store stuff efficiently. The old RV didn't have as much storage room in the basement, but I was able to store what I had in a way that made it easy to find what I wanted when I needed it.

Here we are on June 21, the first day of summer. The heat has felt like summer for awhile. Folks in the deep south only have about four more months of hot weather. If they live in Florida, only five months to go until it cools off a little.

We watched the US Open today, and were amazed that an unknown seems to be able to tame a really tough course, at least for now. The big star players seem to be having all kinds of problems, while the unknown just goes out and plays golf. Will he be able to keep his stuff together after thinking about it overnight?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Buffalo, New York: Flour City

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Cyndy said...

I enjoy your blog and will follow your trip. Check out Llano Grande RV park in Mercedes, Texas for the winter. they have a web site.....

Jerald said...

I'm glad you like the blog. I enjoy writing it. We'll check out RV park, especially if we spend the winter down there.

Jerald