Saturday, June 6, 2009

Family Visits Continue

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 83 degrees, partly cloudy to cloudy skies, intermittent heavy rain showers

Before I forget, I wanted to tell about an e-mail Carolyn received today about the Simmons family tree. She placed the information we have been able to find on the Internet, and a respondent gave her information that may open up a pathway to find more information about the Simmons clan. And the good thing about this is that the respondent lives in Alabama. When we get back up there, there is a good possibility that we will be getting together and comparing notes on my family tree. To top it off, I'll meet a new relative or relatives. We're excited about this development, and we'll post news about it as it becomes available.

We spent a good part of the day visiting with Carolyn's mother. At one point in the day, her mother had six of her children visiting at the house. Early in the afternoon, Carolyn and I went to see my brother Roger and his wife Willa at their home. We had a good visit, and made plans to get together on Tuesday for a cookout. Then it was back to Carolyn's mother's house, where we spent the rest of the afternoon.

When we got home, I called my cousin Faye, who lives in Jacksonville, and invited her and her husband to the cookout on Tuesday. In addition, it looks as though two other cousins and their spouses will also be there. Outstanding! I love to have family gatherings. It brings back good memories of growing up and living here in Ocala.

By the way, today is Roger and Willa's 39th wedding anniversary. Congratulations, guys, and I hope you have many more.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Haleyville, Alabama: Home Of 911

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: