Thursday, November 25, 2010

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 60 degrees. high 72 degrees, cloudy and windy, rain expected tonight along with colder temperatures

Happy Thanksgiving Day. Carolyn and I have so much to be thankful for, and we try to remember it every day, but especially on this day.

Since it was a holiday, we didn't have any deliveries scheduled for the new home base. But, Carolyn had so much fun washing clothes yesterday that she wanted to go back and do another load today. So, we went over about 0900 hours, and she got a load of clothes going. While that was going on, I cleaned up the inside of the truck and treated the leather seats with leather conditioner. In addition, I used Windex on the inside and outside of the windows and windshield. I didn't realize they were as dirty as they were!

I was going to wash the truck, but rain was expected all day. I didn't want to wash the truck and then have mud get splashed on it when it rained. If it's not too cold, I'll do it tomorrow.

As I wrote in yesterday's post, we hadn't prepared for a holiday meal because we have been so busy. We went to a local chain restaurant for Thanksgiving lunch, and both of us said we would have been better off going to the WalMart Mall and picking up a TV dinner. The meal we had was almost tasteless, and was way over-priced for the enjoyment we got from it. I guess we'll never learn. But, wait: we can prepare Christmas dinner in our new home base this year. Yes!! What will we have? Ham, turkey, dressing.... Then again, whatever Carolyn decides is fine with me.

After lunch, we stopped at the WalMart Mall to pick up some shower curtain rings, and Carolyn found a cookie sheet that she has been wanting. I can almost smell the cookies baking.

The remainder of our furniture is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. It will be great to see how everything looks when it is set up. We know we may have to move a few things around to get it just right, but that's okay. Did I say Carolyn is having a ball feathering her nest?

We haven't bought a television yet, but I may check the Mall tomorrow to see what they have on sale. Dish Network, our satellite television provider, has offered us a new DVR and free HDTV programming for renewing with them for two years, so we may take them up on the offer when we get back from Texas.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Crossville, Tennessee: It’s Just Better Here

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: