Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Laundry Heaven

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 55 degrees, high 64 degrees, mostly cloudy skies

It's been a while since I was tired after a good night's sleep, but I was when I got up this morning. I guess the last three days of work are starting to get to us.

We went back to the new home base this morning, and Carolyn exercised the new washing machine and dryer for most of the day. It has been about eight years since she has had access to her own laundry equipment, and I think she scratched that itch a little today. Sure, we've used laundromats while traveling, but Carolyn says there's nothing like using her own equipment to wash and dry clothes with. She was in Laundry Heaven today!

When our new bed was delivered to the home base last night, the delivery man messed up the assembly of the bed frame. I got so tired of watching him prove he didn't know what he was doing that I finally told him to leave and I would finish the assembly. That little job was finished today, after I had to basically take the frame and head board apart and start over. I know everyone needs a job (or at least that used to be the case), but this guy was supposed to be experienced. Hah!!

While Carolyn was having a good time washing clothes, I took the truck into Athens and had it serviced in preparation for leaving here on Saturday morning for our trip to Texas. While I was walking around in the WalMart Mall waiting on the truck, I checked out the new televisions. Wow, there are a lot of choices! We haven't bought a new television in about ten years, so I need to educate myself soon. We are going to wait until we get back from Texas to buy a television, but right now, I have no idea of what to buy. I wonder how big a television I can buy and not have Carolyn say "get that thing out of here and buy something a little smaller"?

With everything happening with the new home base this week, we've been too busy to get a Thanksgiving dinner together. As we were in Athens earlier this week, we saw that some of the restaurants were going to have Thanksgiving dinner. We'll pick one of those for our meal, but we intend to have Christmas dinner at the home base. I'm looking forward to Carolyn being in Cook Heaven!

Carolyn and I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Buda, Texas: It’s Better In Buda!

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: