Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rain

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 48 degrees, high 55 degrees, cloudy with rain most of the day

For some reason, I woke at 0130 hours this morning, and thought it was time to get up. It was quite a surprise when I turned the light on and saw that the time was so early. It didn't take me long to get a drink of water and get back under the covers. Carolyn got up at 0430 hours, which woke me up. The next thing I knew, it was almost 0700 hours as I finally crawled out of the bed. The sleeping was not bad for someone getting up at the wrong time.

It rained on and off all night, and then the rain set in for most of the day after daylight. By 0930 hours, we were getting a little restless, so we decided to drive in to Athens to check out the local library for used books. When we lived here back in the 1980s, we made good use of the library, and it looks as though demand has grown so much that they have purchased the old Kroger's store building for a new library. The new building should give them about three times the space, which is good for a growing area. I lucked out and found four books to read, as well as two magazines for Carolyn. Good hunting!

When we finished at the library, we went out to visit my sister Judy and her husband Roger. They thought we had already moved on, and we assured them that we were going to be here a little longer. Now, if it gets much colder than it is now, all bets are off.

After a good visit with Judy and Roger, we decided to take a drive in the northwest section of the county. About the time we started, a steady rain began, and it rained on us for the entire ride. The countryside still looks good, even with the rain, but eventually we grew tired of trying to look through the rain and clouds. By the time we got home, Carolyn was having a bad vertigo attack, so we stayed home and acted like old folks the rest of the day.

Carolyn allowed me to prepare supper tonight, since she was still a little unsteady. I think I did well, and I guess the proof is in the fact that she ate and said it was good. Maybe she'll let me do more.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Lakeway, Texas: Community Becoming Family

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: