Friday, November 26, 2010

Last Furniture Delivery

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 35 degrees, high 42 degrees, rain all night, cloudy skies today, windy

We went back to the new home base this morning as we were waiting for the final furniture delivery to be made. Carolyn decided to do two more loads of laundry while we were waiting. Where is all that laundry coming from? I didn't know we had that many clothes!

We had an empty propane bottle, so I went into Athens to get it refilled. On the way back to the base, I stopped at the WalMart Mall to get Carolyn some hair spray. I know today was Black Friday, but I didn't find the Mall all that busy.

By the time I got back to the base, Carolyn had gotten a call from the people delivering the furniture letting her know that they were on their way. Within an hour, the furniture was delivered and assembled (we have beds for company to sleep in now), and we were ready to go back to the RV for the rest of the day.

We're starting our trip to Texas tomorrow, so we spent some time getting things ready. Carolyn did her usual clean up of the inside of the RV while I was dumping holding tanks and arranging the basement for travel. We're leaving as much of our stuff as possible at the home base, so there wasn't much to arrange.

As I have said in the past, I am a college football fan. I saw a great game today between Auburn and Alabama that was a game of two halves. Alabama jumped out to a 24-0 lead, but Auburn fought back and won the game 28 to 27. Fantastic game, and I'll be pulling for Auburn to go on to the national championship.

We will be leaving here as early as possible in the morning. So, if we wake up at 0400 hours, we're outta here!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Florence, South Carolina: Flo-Town

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

War Eagle, I'm happy you will be rooting for my team Saturday against your former coach. I learned today that it was the biggest lead Alabama has ever had and LOST. What do you think about the supposed Alabama Dynasty that ended up 4th place in the SEC West in 2010? Time for some Alabama fans to EAT CROW. Hope to see ya'll in Texas.

Tim

Jerald said...

I'm hoping Auburn gives the SEC another national championship. That would be, what, five in a row? This is considered a down year for the SEC, but at least Auburn is doing their little bit to uphold the league's name.

Jerald